Saturday, October 4, 2008

The 7 go to Napa

A couple weeks ago, I headed to Napa with my best girlfriends. These are all the girls that were bridesmaids in my wedding. We've been friends for what seems like forever (in a good way of course!) For a while, we had been going on short trips together for each others weddings, etc. It had been three years since our last trip, so we were well overdue! So we decided to head to Napa! What a great time of sharing, laughing, relaxing, and quality girl time.

On Friday morning, we all flew up to San Francisco and took the BART to Concord where Alissa picked us up. We headed to her house and her and Tim made us a fantastic lunch before our short drive to Napa. It was really fun to see their house since they've been doing all the remodeling!

Here's us eating lunch in their backyard.


After lunch, we loaded up the car and headed to Napa. We rented a wonderful house with a gourmet kitchen and a spa!



We had lazy mornings with no schedule! That was nice!


On Saturday, we got massages and then headed out to the wineries in the afternoon. We went to V. Sattui first. Then headed to Sterling. Both were excellent wineries.






V. Sattui winery had some pretty amazing wines. We also had our picnic lunch here.








At Sterling, you take a gondola to the top of the vineyards. It was a beautiful view from up there. Did I mention the weather was PERFECT?! For the wine tasting here, you go on a tour of the winery and taste along the way. Then you end up at a room / patio where they serve you at your own tables. Much better than standing at a crowded tasting counter!

On Sunday, we made breakfast at our house, then headed out again. We visited a winery that looked like a castle and then headed to the Culinary Institute for a cooking demonstration and dinner.






Here we are at the cooking demonstration with the chef. He showed us how to make a 7 (which I thought was rather appropriate) vegetable couscous. It was amazing! I can't wait to make it at home.




Outside at the Culinary Institute.


This is the herb garden where the cooks come and pick fresh herbs for cooking. Awesome!




Dinner. Probably one of the best meals I've ever had!


The 7: Alissa, Meghan, Missy, Heidi, Sara, Val & Juliana

I'm so thankful for my girls. I can't wait for our next getaway! Maybe Hawaii???

1 comment:

The Unlikely Pastor's Wife said...

Look at you girls all growed up!!!
mmmm, I love it. I love that you girls all managed to stay such great friends.
I haven't seen or heard from Alissa or Val in years! Great to see pics of them ;-)

ALso...I didn't know you had a blog! Fun....now I get "see" and "talk" to you more!